Main Article Content
This thesis contains an analysis to increase efficiency with production model re-layout using activity relationship chart. The research already done at manufacturing making wiring harness located in Balaraja, Tangerang with model carline Toyota Hiace. Based on existing layout, writer defines 21 facilities from beginning process (Pre-Assy) until end process (Inspection). For decide degrees of closeness, writer and stakeholder for the company do brainstorming to formulate 7 criteria for relevance motive table. Based 7 criteria, 21 each facilities can be decided degrees of closeness and mapped out in activity relationship chart. Degrees of closeness each facility can be divided into 6 levels as A (Absolute), E (Especially), I (Important), O (Ordinary), U (Unimportant), and X (Undesirable). Information of degree of closeness become a basis for making new layout more efficiency by using block tamplate but should be adjusted based on layout type production system. Type of layout that suitable is layout by product with improve efficiency from 63% to 65%.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.
Ampuh, R., & Setiawan, H. (2008). Factory Layout (First Edition). Yogyakarta: Andi Offset.
Faishol, M. (2013). Redesigning the layout of the production facilities of Tahu Srikandi Junok Bangkalan.
Purnomo, H. (2004). Facility Planning and Design, First Edition. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
University engineering faculty with the Activity Relationions Chart (ARC) method. 2015 National Science and Technology Seminar.
Samsudin, L. M., Afma, V. M., & Purbasari, A. (2014). Redesign of the layout of the Oyster Mushroom using the Activity Relationship Chart Method to increase productivity (Case study of CV. Mandiri Tiban III).