Main Article Content
The research aims to find the factors that cause high inventory value, increase the value of forecasting precision, service level and cost efficiency with fishbone diagrams and proposed methods. The research sample is 9 spare parts included in classification A in the ABC analysis and maintenance list 2018. Forecasting methods use Moving Average, Single Exponential Smoothing and Syntetos-Boylan Approximation as well as Mean Square Error calculation, deterministic inventory calculation and Continuous Review Method. The results of this study are an increase in logistics costs by $ 808.71 in the inventory management proposal. An increase in service level from 95% to 99% and the error value in the calculation of the proposal becomes smaller using the proposed method. This study also found that the factor causing the high inventory value was due to inaccurate planning methods so that other comparative methods were needed that could increase the precision of demand forecasting.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.
Alhafsi, R. I. (2018). Analisis Persediaan Suku Cadang Pada Perawatan Pesawat Udara Di PT. Putra Elang Angkasaraya dengan Model Periodic Review. Tesis. Program Studi Magister Manajemen, Program Pascasarjana, Universitas Mercu Buana. Jakarta.
Babai, M. Z., Dallery, Y., Boubaker, S., & Kalai, R. (2019). A new method to forecast intermittent demand in the presence of inventory obsolescence. International Journal of Production Economics, 209, 30-41.
Ginting, R. (2007). Sistem Produksi, Graha Ilmu. Medan.
Heizer, J. & Render, B.(2014). Manajemen Operasi. Salemba Empat. Jakarta.
Nnamdi, O. (2018). Strategies for Managing Excess and Dead Inventories : A Case Study of Spare Parts Inventories in the Elevator Equipment Industry. Operations and Supply Chain Management, 11(3):128 – 139.
Tampubolon, M. P. (2014). Manajemen Operasi dan Rantai Pemasok (Operation and Supply Chain Management) Edisi 1. Mitra Wacana Media. Jakarta.
Herjanto, E. (2010), Manajemen Operasi, ed: Revisi. Gramedia. Jakarta.
Pulungan, D. S. & Fatma, E. (2018). Analisis Pengendalian Persediaan Menggunakan Metode Probabilistik dengan Kebijakan Backorder dan Lost Sales. Jurnal Teknik Industri, 19(1):38-48.
Syntetos, A., & Boylan, J. (2005). The Accuracy of Intermittent Demand Estimates. International Journal of Forecasting, 21, 303–314.