Main Article Content
Teacher certification is one form of implementation of Law Number 14 of 2005 concerning Teachers and Lecturers by providing teacher certificates to teachers who have met certain requirements, namely having academic qualifications, competence, being physically and mentally healthy, and having the ability to realize national educational goals, followed by an increase in decent welfare. Teacher certification aims to increase knowledge, performance, creativity, and be able to carry out other main tasks and functions related to the teaching and learning process . Based on the background of the problem above, researchers are interested in revealing this phenomenon in a study. The purpose of this study was to determine the impact of teacher certification on teacher performance in schools, especially at SMAN 5 Jambi City. This type of research is field research using a qualitative- naturalistic approach . Through this qualitative approach, it is hoped that a picture of the quality, social reality and perceptions of the research objectives will be lifted without being contaminated by formal measurements . The subjects in this study were 60 certified teachers in State Senior High School 5 Jambi City. The required data is obtained through interviews, observation and documentation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.
Farida. 2009. The effect of certification on the performance of economic teachers in SMA throughout Jepara Regency. Skripsi. Semarang: Fakultas Ekonomi Universitas Negeri Semarang.
Law No. 14/2005 on Teachers and Lecturers
Maisah. 2019. The impact of teacher certification on teacher performance in madrasah. Jurnal JMIE, 4 (2) 2019-1-11, ISSN. 2541-2124 : 2541-2140.
Mulyasa, E. 2007. Competency Standards and Teacher Certification. PT Remaja Rosdakarya: Bandung.
Muslich, Masnur. 2007. Teacher Certification Towards Educator Professionalism. PT. Bumi Aksara: Jakarta.
Mutmainnah. 2012. The effect of certification on the professionalism of teachers at MTs Muhammadiyah Belimbing. Skripsi. Yogyakarta: Unversitas Islam Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta.
See Yatim Riyanto and Ismet Basuki, Program Setifikasi Guru, Makalah pada Lokakarya Pengurus Cabang Lembaga Pendidikan Maarif Provinsi Jawa Timur, 19 Nopember 2006, hlm.2, dikutip dari (Muamar, Puji Dwi Darmoko, Srifariyati, Muntoha).
Surapranata. Sumarna. 2016. Pedoman Penetapan Peserta, Sertifikasi Guru Dalam Jabatan Tahun 2016, Edisi Revisi ke-2, Jakarta: Direktorat Jenderal Guru Dan Tenaga Kependidikan, Kementerian Pendidikan Dan Kebudayaan
The definition of performance according to these experts is quoted from Khairul Azwar, et al, “Pengaruh Sertifikasi Dan Kinerja Guru Terhadap Peningkatan Hasil Belajar Siswa Di SMP Negeri 2 Banda Aceh” dalam Jurnal Administrasi Pendidikan, Banda Aceh: Pascasarjana Syiah Kuala, Volume 3, No 2 Mei 2015
Yamin, Martinis and Maisah. 2010. Teacher Performance Standard. Gaung Persada: Jakarta.
Yamin, Martinis. 2006. Teacher Professional Certification in Indonesia . Gaung Persada Press: Jakarta.