Main Article Content
Poverty is an issue faced by nearly all developing countries or third world countries, including Indonesia. Jambi Province is one of the provinces in Indonesia which cannot be separated from poverty. Several efforts have been made by district/city governments in Jambi Province to reduce its levels by implementing the poverty alleviation programs issued by the central government. These implementation of poverty alleviation programs carried out by the district/cities governments in Jambi Province showed there has been reduction over these issues in districts/cities in Jambi Province, but only in a small percentage. The economic growth which tends to increase every year in the districts/cities of Jambi Province has not been followed by a significant reduction in poverty levels. This condition required the districts/cities governments to advance a more comprehensive strategy in carrying out poverty alleviation that takes place in districts/cities of Jambi Province. Therefore, this research aimed to investigate those factors which affected the poverty level in districts/cities of Jambi Province. Data used in this research included panel data, namely the 2013-2018 time series data and the cross section data of 11 districts/cities through the Fixed Effect Model approach. These results showed that economic growth and Human Development Index had a significant negative affect on poverty levels.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.
Badan Pusat Statistik. (2015). Analisis dan Penghitungan Tingkat Kemiskinan 2015. BPS. Jakarta.
Badan Pusat Statistik Provinsi Jambi. (2019). Tingkat kemiskinan dan Prosentase penduduk Miskin Tahun 2014-2018. BPS. Provinsi Jambi.
Maipita, I. (2014). Mengukur Kemiskinan dan Distribusi Pendapatan, Yogyakarta. UPP STIM YKPN.
Putri, I.A.S.M., & Yuliarmi, N.N. (2013). Beberapa Faktor Yang Memengaruhi Tingkat Kemiskinan di Provinsi Bali. E-Jurnal EP Unud, 2(10), 441-448.
Simanjutak, T.H., & Muklis, I. (2012). Dimensi Ekonomi Perpajakan dalamPembangunan Ekonomi. Jakarta. Rais Aksa Sukses.
Sugiyono. (2012). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif Kualitatif dan R&D. Alfabeta. Bandung.
Todaro, M.P., & Smith, S.C. (2011). Pembangunan Ekonomi Jilid 1 Edisi 11. Penerbit: Erlangga. Jakarta.
Widodo, A., Waridin, & Johanna, M.K. (2011). Analisis Pengaruh Pengeluaran Pemerintah Di Sektor Pendidikan Dan Kesehatan Terhadap Pengentasan Kemiskinan Melalui Peningkatan Pembangunan Manusia di Provinsi Jawa Tengah. Jurnal Dinamika Ekonomi Pembangunan, 1(1).
Yanthi, N. (2011).Pengaruh Pertumbuhan Ekonomi,Inflasi, dan Tingkat kesempatan Kerja Terhadap Tingkat Kemiskinan di Indonesia Tahun 1999 –2009. Skripsi. Fakultas Ekonomi Universitas Pembangunan Nasional “Veteran” Yogyakarta.