Main Article Content
One of the problems in agriculture is the institutional problem of farmers who are not supportive. Non-Governmental Organizations can take a role in strengthening farmer groups, especially people in agricultural areas such as Humbang Hasundutan District. The purpose of this research is expected to provide in-depth information to describe and analyze activities conducted by Mercy Corps Indonesia in strengthening farmer group institutions. Research on the role of non-governmental organizations in instutional strengthening farmer group. This research uses qualitative methods. Researchers function as data collectors and analyzers related to the role of Mercy Corps Indonesia's non-governmental organizations in institutional strengthening farmer groups in Sinambela village at Humbang Hasundutan District. The results of this research were concluded several things, such as 1) Mercy Corps Indonesia Non-Governmental Organizations take a role in group strengthening farmers in Sinambela village, among them was through Livehood activities such as outreach activities, field meetings, making GAP (Good Demostration Practices) demonstration plots and strengthening the organization of farmer groups in Sinambela village. 2) Saolan and Haluaon farmer groups are slowly starting to strengthen from the dimension of organizational, human resources, finance, infrastructure and cooperation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.
David, B. (1983). Pokok-pokok pikiran dalam Sosiologi. Jakarta: Rajawali Pers.
Eldridge, P. J. (1995). Non-government organisations and democratic participation in Indonesia, Kuala Lumpur. New York: Oxford University Press.
Fakih, M. (2010). Masyarakat Sipil Untuk Transformasi Sosial, Pergolakan idiologi LSM Indonesia. Yogyakarta; Insist Press.
Hadi, A.P. (2010). Konsep Penguatan, Partisipasi dan Kelembagaan Dalam Pembangunan. Yayasan Agribisnis/Pusat Pengembangan Masyarakat Agrikarya (PPMA).
Harahap, R.H. Humaizi, & Hasibuan, S.AF. (2020.) Traditional Wisdom of Batak Toba Community in Preserving Lake Toba Ecosystem In Samosir District and Dairi District, North Sumatera Province. Talent Development & Excellence, 12(3s), 1842-1847.
Kartasasmita, G. (1996). Pembangunan Untuk Rakyat - Memadukan Pertumbuhan dan Pemerataan. Jakarta: PT. Pustaka CIDESINDO.
Mosher, A.T. (1987). Menggerakkan dan Membangun Pertanian. Syarat-Syarat Pokok Pembangunan dan Modernisasi. CV Yasaguna. Jakarta.
Ngalu, R. Yohannes, M. Jamun, & Heronimus E. Wejang. (2019). Peran dan Strategi Lembaga Swadaya Masyarakat dalam Penguatan Sosial Ekonomi Masyarakat (Studi Kasus di Kabupaten Manggarai Nusa Tenggara Timur). Jurnal PKS, 18(3), 279–288.
Uphoff, N. (1988). Menyesuaikan Proyek pada Manusia. dalam M.M. Cernea (eds). 1988. Mengutamakan Manusia di Dalam Pembangunan: Variabel-variabel Sosiologi di Dalam Pembangunan Pedesaan (Publikasi Bank Dunia). Penerjemah B.B. Teku. Jakarta: UI Press.