Main Article Content
The study aims to test the effectiveness of the implementation of several inventory control methods to improve the smooth operation in a trading company of industrial equipements components that have difficulty in maintaining inventory data accuracy, inventory shortages and in other hand excess unrequired inventory. The research data used is taken from the ERP report data and manual reports created by the perpetrators of the operational activities of the Inventory Control for the period 2016 - 2018. The sampling method used is purposive sampling of the product sales data in years 2016 – 2018 as much as 2498 Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) which is then processed using the method of ABC analysis and FSN (Fast Moving, Slow Moving and None Moving) analysis to get 10 SKUs that belongs to the category A and F (Fast Moving) group as a sample of research. The research method uses the Quantitative method with the use of ABC analysis, Forecasting and Economic Order Quantity. The results shows that the implementation of ABC analysis effectively reduced the workload of periodic counting and is able to improve data accuracy to be higher level. The exponential smoothing forecast method shows the least gap to the actual value and EOQ effectively optimizes ordering and holding costs and reduces the risk of failure in Inventory Control and positively affects the smoothness of the operation process.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.
Devarajan, D., & Jayamohan, M. S. (2015). Stock control in a chemical firm: combined FSN and XYZ analysis.
Devarajana, D., & Jayamohanb, M. S. (2015). Stock control in a chemical firm: combined FSN and XYZ analysis.
Eksler, L., Aviram, R., Elalouf, A., & Kamble, A. (2018). An EOQ Model for multiple products with varying degrees of substitutability.
Guga, E., & Musa, O. (2015). Inventory Management Through Eoq Model A Case Study Of Shpresa Ltd, Albania.
Heizer, Render, & Munson. (2017). Operation S Management, Sustainability and Suppli Chain Management - 12 Edition.
Huang, J.-C., Wu, T.-J., & Lu, Y.-C. C. (2017). Improvement of Inventory Control and Forecast According to Activity-Based Classifications: T Company as an Example.
Kaloji, P. P. (2018). A Study on Inventory Management and Its Impact onProfitability in Foundry Industry at Belagavi,Karnataka.
Kontuš, E. (2014). Management Of Inventory In A Company.
Kritchanchai, D., & Meesamut, W. (2015). Developing Inventory Management in Hospital.
Kusumastuti, D. Peranan Manajemen Logistik dalam Organisasi Publik.
Mahagaonkar, S. S., & Kelkar, A. A. (2017). Application of ABC Analysis for Material Management of a Residential Building.
Rangkuti, F. (2000). Manajemen Persediaan.
Ravinder, H., & Misra, R. B. ((2014). ABC Analysis For Inventory Management: Bridging The Gap Between Research And Classroom.
REM Associates of Princeton. (1999).
Rodrigues, L. L., Oliveira, I. H., Alexandre, M. F., Castorani, R. R., & Jacubavicius, C. (2015). Stocks Management Through Application Of Demand Forecast Methods: A Case Study.
Shen, H., Deng, Q., Lao, R., & Wu, S. (2017). A Case Study of Inventory Management in a Manufacturing Company in China.
Sohail, N., & Sheikh, T. H. (2018). A Study of Inventory Management System Case Study.
Sutawijaya, A. H., & Marlapa, E. (2016). Supply Chain Management: Analisis Dan Penerapan
Menggunakan Reference (Scor) Di Pt. Indoturbine.