Main Article Content
This study aims to analyze the effect of FTSE 100, Nikkei 225, and Dow Jones Industrial Average on Composite Stock Index in Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX). The research method used is a quantitative method with time series data type and secondary data obtained the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) website and Bloomberg Data Terminal. The sampling technique used purposive sampling method with monthly data and research period from January 2015 to December 2019. The data analysis technique used is multiple linear regression with normality test, classic assumption test (multicollinearity test, autocorrelation test) and t-statistical hypothesis and f-statistic to test the simultaneous effect with a significance level of 5%. The results of this study indicated that. DJIA Index and FTSE 100 Index variable shows a positive effect and significant to Composite Stock Index and Nikkei 225 Index variable partially has shown a negative effect and significant to Composite Stock Index. Then simultaneously independent variable DJIA Index, Nikkei 225 Index, and FTSE 100 Index together had a significant relation to the dependent variable Composite Stock Index. The determination coefficient of this study indicates the number 87% shows that independent variable variations in DJIA Index, Nikkei 225 Index, and FTSE 100 Index can explain the fluctuating of the dependent variable in Composite Stock Index by 87%. While the remaining of 13% influenced by other independent variables.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.
Bodie, Zvi, Alex Kane, Alan J. Marcus. 2018a. Investments:Eleventh Edition. McGraw-Hill Education. New York: p. 1
Manan, Abdul. 2017. Aspek Hukum Dalam Penyelenggaraan Investasi Di Pasar Modal Syariah Indonesia. Kencana, Jakarta: p. 11
Salamun, Suyono, F.X. Isworo. 2013. Manajemen Keuangan Cetakan Pertama, IFM Publising, Jakarta: p. 1
Samsul, Mohamad. 2015a. Pasar Modal dan Manajemen Portofolio Edisi Kedua, Erlangga, Jakarta
Sudirman. 2015. Pasar Modal dan Manajemen Portofolio. Sultan Amai Press, Gorontalo:
Tandelilin, Eduardus. 2017a. Pasar Modal: Manajemen Portofolio dan Investasi. Kanisius, Yogyakarta
Terry, George R. 2014. Prinsip-prinsip Manajemen Edisi Ketiga belas. Bumi Aksara, Jakarta: p. 9
Undang-Undang no. 8 tahun 1995 tentang Pasar Modal
Widarjono, Agus. 2017. Ekonometrika : Pengantar dan Aplikasinya. UPP STIM
YKPN, Yogyakarta: p. 23
Zulfikar. 2016. Pengantar Pasar Modal dengan Pendekatan Statistika. Deepublish, Yogyakarta: p. 75
https://indexes.nikkei.co.jp/nkave/archives/file/nikkei_stock_average _ guidebook
https://www.londonstockexchange.com / traders - and – brokers / private -investors/investing-in-shares/stock-markets/ftse/ftse.htm