THE EFFECT OF DEBT TO EQUITY RATIO, NET PROFIT MARGIN AND EARNING PER SHARE ON SHARE PRICES IN CHEMICAL SUBSECTOR COMPANIES IN SOUTHEAST ASIA 2012 – 2018 (Case Study of a Company Listed on the Southeast Asian Stock Exchange)

Main Article Content

Deni Sunaryo

Abstract

This study aims to analyze the effect of Debt to Equity Ratio (DER), Net Profit Margin (NPM) and Earning Per Share (EPS) simultaneously or partially on stock prices in chemical subsector manufacturing companies listed on the Southeast Asian Stock Exchange in 2012. -2018. The population is chemical sub-sector companies listed on the Southeast Asian Stock Exchange from 2012 to 2018. The research sample was 11 companies in the chemical sub-sector obtained by using purposive sampling technique. The data collection technique uses the documentation method, while the data analysis technique uses multiple linear regression analysis which is supported by the classical assumption test, namely the normality test, multicollinearity test, heteroscedasticity test, and autocorrelation test. The results showed that partially the DER variable, EPS had a significant positive effect, and the NPM variable had a significant negative effect. Simultaneously, DER, NPM, and EPS variables have a significant effect on stock prices. The R Square value of 0.114 indicates that the DER, NPM, and EPS variables are 11.4%, while the remaining 88.6% are influenced by other variables outside the regression model.

Article Details

Section
Articles

References

Darmadji, Tjiptono dan Hendy M. Fakhruddin. (2001). Pasar Modal di Indoneisa: Pendekatan Tanya Jawab. Jakarta: Salemba Empat.
Fahmi, Irham 2018, Pengantar Manajemen Keuangan, Bandung: Alfabeta.
Fauziyyah, Nurul, Ghaida. 2017. Pengaruh Perputaran Modal Kerja Terhadap Rentabilitas Ekonomi Pada Perusahaan Sub Sektor Semen Yang Terdaftar di BEI Periode 2011-2015. Skripsi. Universitas Sarjanaiyata Tamansiswa.
Frendy Sondakh , dkk. 2015. Curret Ratio, Debt to Equity Ratio, Return On Asset, Return On Equity Pengaruhnya Terhadap Harga Saham Pada Indeks LQ45 Di BEI Periode 2010 – 2014.
Ghozali, Imam. 2011. Aplikasi Analisis Mutivariate Dengan Program IBM SPSS 19. Edisi kelima. Penerbit Universitas Dipenegoro : Semarang.
Hermuningsih, Sri. (2012). Pengantar Pasar Modal Indonesia. Yogyakarta. UPP STIM YKPN.
Kasmir. 2018. Analisis Laporan Keuangan cetakan ke tujuh – delapan. Jakarta:
Raja Grafindo Persada.

Khan, M. N., & Amanulah. (2012). “Determinants of share prices at Karachi Stock Exchange. International Journal of Business and Management Studies”, 4(1), 111-120.
Seetharaman and John Rudolph Raj, 2011. An Empirical Study on the Impact of Earnings per Share on Stock Prices of a Listed Bank in Malaysia. The International Journal of Applied Economics and Finance, 5: 114-126.
Sugiyono. 2014. Metode Penelitian Bisnis. Edisi Revisi. Penerbit Alfabeta. Bandung.
Sumaryati. 2016. Pengaruh EVA dan Profitabilitas terhadap Harga Saham pada Perusahaan Manufaktur Sektor Industri Makanan dan Minuman yang Terdaftar di BEI Tahun 2010-2014. Skripsi. Universitas Sarjanawiyata Tamansiswa.
Tandelilin, Eduardus. (2001). Analisis Investasi dan Manajemen Portofolio. Yogyakarta: BPFE-UGM.
Wuryaningrum, Reni. 2015. Pengaruh Rasio Keuangan Terhadap Harga Saham Pada Perusahaan Farmasi Di Bei. Skripsi. Universitas Sarjanawiyata Tamansiswa.
Wahyuni. (2014). “Pengaruh Inventory Turnover, Debt To Equity Ratio (DER), Return On Equity (ROE), dan Earning Per Share (EPS) Terhadap Harga Saham Pada Perusahaan Manufaktur Yang Terdaftar di BEI Tahun 2009-2012”. Skripsi. Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta
Source of Internet :
www.idx.co.id
www.sgx.com
www.bursamalaysia.com
www.hsx.vn