Main Article Content
This study aims to identify and examine the condition of financial distress in the automotive component industry issuers in the period 2014 ~ 2018, using the Altman Z-score, Springate S-score, Ohlson O-score, and Zmijewski X-score against financial ratios as an analysis form of company management to predict the early warnings of company bankruptcy. This study uses quantitative, secondary, and panel data; while the sample uses a non-probability boring sampling technique of 11 companies. The results showed that these four models can predict financial distress by identifying each model. Altman’s model found 8 distress zone points, 16 grey zone points, and 31 safe zone points. Springate’s model found 37 points in the distress zone, and 18 points in the safe zone. Ohlson's model found 3 points in the distress zone, and 52 points in the safe zone. Zmijewski's model found only 1 point in the distress zone
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.
Beaver, W. H., Correia, M., & McNichols, M. F. (2011). Financial Statement Analysis and the Prediction of Financial Distress, Foundation and Trends in Accounting. Foundation and Trends in Accounting, 5(2), 99–173. http://dx.doi.org/10.1561/1400000018
Hantono. (2019). Memprediksi Financial Distress Dengan Menggunakan Model Altman Score, Grover Score, Zmijewski Score (Studi Kasus Pada Perusahaan Perbankan). Going Concern: Jurnal Riset Akuntansi, 14(1), 168–180. https://doi.org/10.32400/gc.14.1.22372.2019
Hastuti, R. T. (2018). Analisis Komparasi Model Prediksi Financial Distress Altman, Springate, Grover Dan Ohlson Pada Perusahaan Manufaktur Yang Terdaftar Di Bursa Efek Indonesia Periode 2011-2013. Jurnal Ekonomi, 20(3), 446. https://doi.org/10.24912/je.v20i3.405
Kordestani, G., Biglari, V., & Bakhtiari, M. (2011). Ability of combinations of cash flow components to predict financial distress. Business: Theory and Practice, 12(3), 277–285. https://doi.org/10.3846/btp.2011.28
Mulyana, B., & Asysyukur, A. (2017). Analisis Kebangkrutan Pada Emiten Tambang Batu Bara Di Indonesia Tahun 2012-2016. https://publikasi.mercubuana.ac.id/index.php/indikator/article/view/3282
Platt, H. D., & Platt, M. B. (2006). Comparing Financial Distress and Bankruptcy. Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 1(1), 1–27. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/256067772_Comparing_Financial_Distress_and_Bankruptcy#:~:text=Our hypothesis is that financial,protect their assets from creditors.
Putri, M. J. (2016). Analisis Komparatif Financial Distress Korporasi Manufaktur Elektronik Jepang, Pasca Krisis Financial Global 2008. Dengan endekatan Model Altman, Ohlson, Zmijewski [Universitas Mercu Buana]. http://digilib.mercubuana.ac.id/skripsi1.php?ID_Skripsi=0000041622&NIM=55114120034
Widyanty, W. (2017). Analisis Perbandingan Model Altman, Springate, Zmijewski, Dan Ohlson Dalam Memprediksi Financial Distress (Studi Kasus Pada Perusahaan LQ-45 BEI 2013-2014). Universitas Mercu Buana. https://repository.mercubuana.ac.id/38851/
Wulandari, V., Nur DP, E., & Julita. (2014). Analisis Perbandingan Model Altman, Springate, Ohlson, Fulmer, CA-Score dan Zmijewski Dalam Memprediksi Financial Distress (studi empiris pada Perusahaan Food and Beverages yang Terdaftar di Bursa Efek Indonesia Periode 2010-2012). Jurnal Online Mahasiswa Fakultas Ekonomi Universitas Riau, 1(2), 1–18. https://jom.unri.ac.id/index.php/JOMFEKON/article/view/4364