Main Article Content
The Covid-19 pandemic that has struck the world worldwide has had a major impact, particularly on the economic and socio-cultural conditions of every person in every country. No exception in Indonesia, which has not escaped and is also affected by the global pandemic. There is a slowdown in the growth process in the economic and financial sectors. This is the result of efforts to stop the spread of the virus with a lock-down action country in the world, and the implementation of the WFH (Work From Home) program and the PSBB (Large-Scale National Limitation) in Indonesia is having an effect for most industrial companies to slow down the business. This situation has a major impact on conditions in almost all companies where business is slowing down. There has also been a decline in activity in manufacturing companies producing paints, as consumer demand for paint products has been drastic due to the many delays in the process of building and building, and the process of painting houses and buildings has been stopped by painters. PT XYZ Raya, a national paint company that realizes competitive advantages between paint manufacturers, develops a differentiation strategy for paint products that meets the conditions and needs of paint consumers under the current pandemic conditions, namely antimicrobial paint products that can prevent this and inhibit the growth of viruses, germs and bacteria on the walls of our houses. So that family health can be maintained by using these antimicrobial wall paint products. The product differentiation strategy, in this case wall paint, is an embodiment of one of the company's competitive strategies according to Michael Porter's generic strategy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.
2. Porter, M.E. (1980). Competitive Strategy : Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors with a new introduction1 Michael E. Porter. New York, USA.
3. Ritson, Neil. (2013). Strategic Management. 2nd Edition.
4. Sukrasno, Ali, H. (2018). Michael Porter’s Generic Strategy. https://www.slideshare.net/SukrasnoSukrasno/6-sm-sukrasno-hapzi-ali-michael-porters-generic-strategy-universitas-mercu-buana-2018 (10 April 2020, 14.00)
5. Gustianingty, Maharani, Ali, H. Strategi Generik Porter Secara Mendetail. https://www.slideshare.net/MaharaniGustianingty/6-sm-maharani-gustianingtyas-hapzi-ali-strategic-management-strategi-generik-porter-secara-mendetail-universitas-mercu-buana-2019 (10 April 2020, 14.00)
6. Ali, H. (2020). Michael Porter’s generic Strategy. Modul Strategic Management, Universitas Mercubuana, Jakarta.
7. Mustamu, Ronny. (2009). Business Communication Leaders : Tipe-Tipe Strategi. https://mustamu.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/tipe-tipe-strategi/ (23 April 2020, jam 13.00).
8. Sari, Lia Permata. (2018). Apa yang Dimaksud dengan Strategi Diferensiasi? https://www.dictio.id/t/apa-yang-dimaksud-dengan-strategi-diferensiasi/116005 (23 April 2020, jam 13.00).
9. Lestari, Maria A.T. (2020). Dampak Sosial dari Wabah Covid-19 pada Budaya Masyarakat Sekitar. https://www.kompasiana.com/mariatari/5e841323d541df22db366d82/dampak-sosial-dari-wabah-corona-covid-19-pada-budaya-masyarakat-sekitarnya# (diakses 16 Mei 2020, jam 09.00).
10. Pers. (2020). Pemerintah Waspada Dampak Pandemi Covid-19 Terhadap Ekonomi Indonesia. Kementerian Keuangan Republik Indonesia, SP-27/KU/2020. https://www.kemenkeu.go.id/media/15072/sp-27-pemerintah-waspada-dampak-pandemi-covid-19-terhadap-ekonomi-indonesia.pdf (diakses 16 Mei 2020, jam 09.00).
11. Tempo, Co. (2020). Strategi Mempertahankan Bisnis di Tengah Pandemi Covid-19. https://inforial.tempo.co/info/1002932/strategi-mempertahankan-bisnis-di-tengah-pandemi-covid-19 (diakses 17 Mei 2020, jam 20.00)