Main Article Content
Mualim has an important role in carrying out ship movement while sailing for the safety of all crew members. In this case the officer has the responsibility to carry out guard duty on the bridge. This study aims to further increase knowledge about the importance of discipline in carrying out guard services on the bridge and to carry out guarding procedures in accordance with established procedures, especially when changing guard (handing over). This research was carried out on board the MV. HTC CHARLIE which is one of the ships owned by PT. INTERGIS. Implementation during the author's practice of the Sea (Prala), so that the source of the data obtained directly from the place of doing research in the form of information based on observations and interviews with the officer in charge. This study shows that there are still shortcomings in carrying out the duty of duty in accordance with the procedures and the lack of discipline of the missionary when on guard duty. By conducting this research, it is possible to make an overview of the watch service in accordance with the procedures for handing over the guard and the importance of discipline in carrying out the watch service on the bridge.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rightsmay limit how you use the material.
Handoko, T. Hani, Personnel Management and Human Resources (Yogyakarta BPFE, 1987)
Maritime Law 1 ( 2015)
IMO. 2010. Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping for Seafarers Code Amendments Manila Chapter VIII. London.
Big Indonesian Dictionary (Jakarta : Ministry of Education & Culture, 2009)
Manikome, Capt EW, Watch Keeping
Risuandi, Capt. Yan (2013), Dina Guard for Mualim and International Regulations on Prevention of Collisions at Sea 1972 Amendments 1981, 1987, 1993, & 2001. Jakarta
Law of the Republic of Indonesia No. 17 of 2008 concerning Shipping
(http://maritimeworld.com) STCW 2010 Amendment Manila (London : IMO, 2011)